SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM
The SSS Mandate
DECLARATION OF POLICY
"It is the policy of the State to establish, develop, promote and perfect a sound and viable tax-exempt social security system suitable to the needs of the people throughout the Philippines which shall promote social justice and provide meaningful protection to members and their families against the hazards of disability, sickness, maternity, old age, death and other contingencies resulting in loss of income or financial burden. Toward this end, the State shall endeavor to extend social security protection to workers and their beneficiaries." (Section 2, RA 8282)
STATEMENT OF VISION
"The SSS aims to develop and promote a viable, universal and equitable social security protection scheme through world-class service."
Viable. Social security protection shall be provided through generations.
Universal. Social security protection shall be provided to all residents of the Philippines, citizens and non-citizens alike, regardless of creed, gender, age, geographic location and economic status, especially the disadvantaged, so that no one will become a burden to society.
Equitable. Fair and uniform coverage shall be made available to all. Benefits shall be meaningful and able to sustain a decent standard of living.
World-class service. Social security service that is prompt, accurate and courteous shall be provided to ensure total member satisfaction.
STATEMENT OF CORPORATE VALUES
"The SSS aims to institutionalize a corporate culture that instills the core values of trust, empowerment and teamwork."
Overseas SSS Offices
RIYADH REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
SSS Riyadh Representative Office was established in 1998 in line with the mandate of the Social Security System to bring services closer to its members wherever they maybe and to implement the coverage program for Overseas Filipino Workers(OFWs). For Saudi Arabia, SSS has three representative offices: In Riyadh at the Philippine Embassy; in Jeddah at the Philippine Consulate General and in Al Khobar at its tie up remittance agent - Tahweel Al Rajhi.
- Registration and issuance of new SSS numbers for members in the regular and Flexi Fund programs
- Verification of previously issued SSS number
- Verification of SSS Contributions Summary
- Verification of loans previously availed(short-term and housing loans)
- Assisting members in the proper accomplishment of registration and payment forms
- Receiving and screening of SSS Loan applications(Salary Loans)
- Receiving of requests for data amendment
- Receiving and screening of SSS Claim applications(Sickness, Maternity, Disability, Death, Retirement and Funeral claims)
- Forwarding of requests from members pertaining to the disposition of their SSS checks
- Conduct of information dissemination to OFWs in their respective place of work by appointment and with proper coordination with the Philippine Embassy
- Receive applications for the Unified Multi-Purpose ID
The Overseas Filipino Workers Coverage Program
This program covers all OFWs not over 60 years old, whether previously a member or not. The coverage of an OFW takes effect upon payment of the first monthly contribution.
To register, the member will just visit the SSS office and secure an Overseas Worker Record Form (SSS Form OW-1). Fill out the form and submit with any of the following documents: Birth Certificate, baptismal Certificate, Passport, Driver’s license, PRC Card, Seaman’s Book.
The Basis of the monthly contributions will be monthly earnings declared ar the time of registration, computed in Philippine pesos.
Where will payments be made?
SSS contributions and loan amortizations may be paid through any of the following accredited banks and its foreign tie-ups in Saudi Arabia:
- Telemoney Center(PNB and RCBC)
- Tahweel Al Rajhi(BDO)
- Enjaz Remittance(AUB and ABS-CBN)
- Skyfreight(Ventaja International) – Online payment outlet
SSS BENEFITS and LOAN PRIVILEGES
OFWs are entitled to various benefits and loan privileges, provided qualifying conditions for entitlement are met. To ensure higher benefits and privileges you can continue to pay your monthly contributions until you reach the age of 60 or 65 years old.
- Sickness * Maternity(for female members only)
- Retirement * Disability(partial or total)
- Death * Funeral
- Salary Loan *Housing
- House Repair & Improvement * Business Loans
For more information on the benefits and loan privileges, please visit the SSS website: www.sss.gov.ph
Contact Person: Mr. Danilo Calape
SSS Foreign Representative to Riyadh
Cell No. 0500972728