For information on Pag IBIG Programs, please contact the following:
Pag IBIG Riyadh
PHILIP RAYMUND S. SALEM
Pag-IBIG Fund Representative (Riyadh)
Mobile # 0562581493
RENATO A. SOQUENO
Pag-IBIG Fund Information Officer (Riyadh)
Mobile # 0507004186
Pag IBIG AL-KHOBAR
RUBEN R. GALAMAY LACSAMANA P. TUAN
Pag-IBIG Information Officer (Alkhobar)
Mobile # 0502768962
Pag IBIG Jeddah
RUBEN R. GALAMAY
Pag-IBIG Fund Representative (Jeddah)
Mobile # 0535118667
HDMF Law of 2009
Recognizing HDMF's contributions through the years and the need to further strengthen its capability as the biggest source of housing finance in the country to date, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo signed into law Republic Act No. 9679 or the Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009. The law was signed on 21 July 2009.
Under the new HDMF law, membership to the Pag-IBIG Fund is made mandatory for all SSS- and GSIS-covered employees; uniformed members of the AFP, BFP, BJMP and PNP; as well as Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers. Now more than ever, Filipino workers will enjoy the benefits that are available only to Pag-IBIG members.
Likewise, the law grants the HDMF exemption from tax payments like other government provident institutions. With its tax-exempt status reinstated, Pag-IBIG will have more funds to finance housing and short-term loans as well as investments in government securities. Income from these endeavors is distributed exclusively to Pag-IBIG members in the form of dividends.
The HDMF Law of 2009 also gives the Board of Trustees the authority to set the contribution rates, thereby paving the way for members to save more for their future. Similarly, this will bolster the Fund's resources for home financing.
Pag-IBIG is an acronym which stands for Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industria at Gobyerno. To this day, the Pag-IBIG Fund continues to harness these four sectors of the society to work together towards providing Fund members with adequate housing through an effective savings scheme.
To uplift the quality of life of members through savings
The premier and globally-competitive provident financial institution
Republic Act 9679 Sec. 2. Declaration of Policy – It is the policy of the State to establish, develop, promote and integrate a nationwide sound and viable tax exempt mutual provident savings system suitable to the needs of the employed and other earning groups, and to motivate them to better plan and provide for their housing needs by membership in the Home Development Mutual Fund, with mandatory contributory support of the employers in the spirit of social justice and the pursuit of national development.
Employers and employees who should be covered by the SSS and the GSIS;
Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Philippine National Police;
Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether they are deployed here or abroad or a combination thereof.
How to register?
An OFW can register at the Philippine Embassy and Consulate in Riyadh and Jeddah, respectively, at any Skyfreight Forwarders Branch in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or through Online Registration at the official website of Pag-IBIG Fund: www.pagibigfund.gov.ph
Pag-IBIG Online Membership Registration
- visit the official website of Pag-IBIG Fund at: www.pagibigfund.gov.ph;
- click, “Member Services”;
- click, “Online Membership Registration”;
- click, “Register as New Member”;
- click, “Continue”;
- enter the “Code Shown” in the designated box;
- click, “Proceed”;
- fill out the needed information (note: do not leave blank the needed information marked as “*”);
- click, “Submit”; and
- click, “Print MDF”
How much is the monthly savings?
The amount of monthly savings is flexible and unlimited depending on the capability and willingness of the member to save. However, the monthly savings must not be less than P100.00 or its SAR equivalent (more or less SAR 10).
Where to remit the monthly savings?
Remittance of monthly savings can be done at any Skyfreight Forwarders Branch in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual or any mode that is convenient to the member. Member must quote his/her Registration Tracking Number (RTN) generated through online registration every time he/she will make a remittance of monthly savings and loan amortization.
Benefits of Programs
This program aims to provide financial assistance to Pag-IBIG members for purposes of minor home improvement, livelihood, medical, educational, purchase of appliance and furniture and other needs.
This program aims to provide financial assistance to Pag-IBIG Fund member-victims in calamity-stricken areas, as declared by the Office of the President or the Sangguniang Bayan.
This housing loan program grants opportunities to Pag-IBIG Fund members to avail of housing loans to finance any one or a combination of the following:
- Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding 1,000 square meters, which should be within a residential area;
- Purchase of a residential house and lot, townhouse or condominium unit, inclusive of a parking slot, which may be:
* Old or brand new;
* A property mortgaged with the Fund; or
* An acquired asset, which is disposed of through sealed public bidding, negotiated sale, the Rent-to-Own Program, or the “Magaang Pabahay, Disenteng Buhay” Program.
- Construction or completion of a residential unit on a lot owned by the member;
- Home improvement, i.e. any alteration in an existing residential unit intended by a homeowner to be a permanent integral part thereof, which will enhance its durability and material value;
- Refinancing of an existing mortgage with an institution acceptable to the Fund, provided that:
* The loan is not in default within 12 months prior to the date of application;
* The said loan has a repayment history of at least two (2) years with the original mortgagee
Combination of loan purposes, which shall be limited to the following:
* Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding 1,000 square meters and construction of a residential unit thereon;
* Purchase of a residential unit, whether old or new, with home improvement;
* Refinancing of an existing mortgage with home improvement;
* Refinancing of an existing mortgage, specifically a lot loan, with construction of a residential unit thereon.
Provident Benefits Claim
Pag-IBIG Fund guarantees the refund of member’s total accumulated savings (TAV), which consists of the member’s accumulated contributions, the employer counterpart contributions, if any, and the dividend earnings credited to the member’s account upon occurrence of any of the following grounds for withdrawal:
- Membership maturity. The member must have remitted at least 240 monthly membership contributions with the Fund.
- Retirement. The member shall be compulsorily retired upon reaching age 65. He may however, opt to retire upon the occurrence of any of the following:
Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS or a separate employer provident/retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45.
Upon reaching age 60.
- Permanent and Total Disability or Insanity. The following disabilities shall be deemed total and permanent:
Temporary total disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days;
Complete loss of sight of both eyes;
Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist;
Permanent complete paralysis of two limbs;
Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or insanity; and
Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Separation from the service due to health reason
- Permanent departure from the country
Death. In case of death, the Fund benefits shall be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code.