Mr. Ezzedin Tago
Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Yemen (non-resident).
He assumed in Riyadh as Charge d'Affaires ad interim effective 1 October 2010 in concurrent capacity as Consul General in Jeddah.
Mr. Ezzedin H. Tago presented an open copy of his credentials as Philippine Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the Minister of Foreign Affairs HRH Prince Saud Al-Faisal on 7 September 2011.
Presented Credentials to King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques on 11 October 2011.
Presented credentials to Yemen's Acting President H.E. Hadi Abdo Rabo in February 2012.
In September 1994, he graduated with Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of California, Davis. In 1988, he finished his secondary degree from the Philippine School in Jeddah, the predecessor of the International Philippine School in Jeddah (IPSJ).
He joined the Department of Foreign Affairs in 1995 as a contractual employee, and passed the Foreign Service Exam in 1996.
Mr. Tago has been assigned to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1999-2003) as Vice Consul and Third Secretary, to Jakarta, Indonesia (2003-2005) as Consul and Second Secretary. He was also detailed to Baghdad, Iraq for 10 months in 2004-2005. He served as Consul General in Jeddah from 22 December 2007 to 15 August 2011.
In the Home Office, he served as Acting Director with the Office of Middle East and African Affairs (1996-1999), and as Special Assistant to the Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs for Special Concerns (2005-2007).
He is a recipient of the following awards/citations:
- The Order of Lakandula, Rank of Officer, by former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo on 14 August 2007.
- The Gawad Mabini Award, Rank of Commander, by H.E. Secretary Alberto Romulo, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Foreign Affairs, on 14 August 2007.
- Presidential Citation from former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo awarded on December 2006 for assisting in the repatriation of Filipinos in Lebanon during the Israel-Hezbollah Crisis in July 2006.
- Presidential Citation from former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo awarded on 19 June 2005 for role in the cases of two Filipino hostages in Iraq, Messrs. Angelo Dela Cruz and Robert Tarongoy.
- Commendation from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs for role as Coordinator of the Liaison and Information Committee, National Organizing Committee for the Special Non-Aligned Movement Ministerial Meeting for Interfaith Dialogue and Cooperation, held in March 2010, Manila.
He is fluent in Arabic.
Ambassador Ezzedin Tago presents his credentials to King Abdullah (11 October 2011)
Ambassador Ezzedin Tago presents meets with Yemeni Acting President Abdo Rabo Hadi after presenting his credentials as AEP (non-resident).